#15 Easter Weekend - Part 2

 


The Easter weekend is in full swing, and all of our students are excited to share their fun and interesting experiences with you. Everyone is clearly making the most of these last few days in Germany. ENJOY! (again in no particular order 😊) 

Maddie writes: 
Today we (Joey, Jaseen, and I and host families) went to the Schloss Rochlitz Castle and got to see all of its medieval history. The castle dates back to the 11th century and the view was beautiful and the weather was perfect. We also visited a barn house with lots of different animals like horses, cows, chickens, etc.


Joey adds: 
Today, Maddie, Jaseen, and I visited an old castle and we explored the grounds and chased each other around 😀Then the rest of the day so far has been spent getting ready for a kind of grill out.





Branden writes: 
This morning I had a large typical German breakfast with bread, cheese and meat with my host family and their friends. We then left the farm and headed back home where I fell asleep in the car. Later I finally watched Dortmund win a game but it happened to be on my phone.

                  



Sofia writes: 
Today we had the Janzens’ Easter Party! There were over 30 people here, and it was such a warm and welcoming atmosphere! There were a variety of delicious foods and desserts and a really big fire (Osterfeuer - Easter fire, a German tradition - editorial note). It was very cool how dedicated the dads were to keep the big fire going. Today was full of smiles and warmth. :) 





Martin writes: 
Today my partner Max and I walked around the inner city of Munich and saw some very nice but expensive stores and later enjoyed the hotel pool in the evening. 

                                        



Ashley writes: 
Today I went to the Globus supermarket with Clara’s parents to do some shopping. Afterwards we went to the amazing Gustav Klimt virtual art exhibit with the rest of the family. Then Clara and I went to Milena’s house for Easter fire which was super fun. We ate food, fed goats, and talked.



Luana writes: 
Another day another adventure. Today started with a Bauhaus 🟥🟦🟨 experience and learning about the movement, I learned that it was more than just architectural designs but also certain day to day items were modernized. Then we ate some good pizza🍕 and then we headed back home. I was able to do some last minute shopping 🛒 🛍️ and will have to see if I can fit it all in my suitcase🧳. Finally we ended up at the Leipzig fair on opening day to see the fireworks 🎆.

            




Sanjay writes: 
Today, we were in Prague, and I have to say it is a beautiful city. We saw the famous Charles Bridge and the Prague Castle. We also went to the Antonin Dvorak Museum, and Dvorak is one of my favorite composers. We even stumbled upon a random concert from a small orchestra that was really enjoyable.

              

               




Sabrina writes: 
Today we went shopping again at some really cool vintage stores. Later in the evening we met up with friends and had so much fun at the fair!



Hallie writes: 
Today we went through the mines in the mountains in Eastern Germany. Then we went to a traditional German restaurant. Overall today was a fantastic day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#16 The Grand Finale

#2 Willkommen in Berlin!