#16 The Grand Finale

 

Hard to believe, but this will be our last blog entry from Leipzig. Without further ado, let’s hear how the kids spent their final day here:

Sanjay writes:

Today I finished out Prague by eating some Rindsgulasch, and it was so delicious. I also ate a kebab (not the Döner kind) and a popular Czech pastry called Tredlník. On our way back, we also found an old monastery that has been used for many centuries. It was really cool. On Friday, we had passed by a fortress on our drive, so we decided to stop there on our way back to Leipzig. Turns out, this fortress from the 19th century was repurposed as a prison during Nazi Germany. It was used to house prisoners and nearby is the Theresienstadt Ghetto. Many died in the prison from rampant disease or torture, and many were sent to concentration camps. Afterwards, we relaxed at home for my final night here.



Ashley writes:

Today my host family and I went canoeing on a big lake. Afterwards we celebrated Clara’s younger brother’s birthday at a restaurant where I had a steak with beets for dinner and ice cream for dessert.






Joey writes:

Today was a chill day. Erik and I went to the Easter/Medieval market and then went with Jaseen and Maddie to celebrate Easter by finding hidden candies.




Jaseen writes:

Today was the final day and my dad came from Forchheim to spend the day with me, so I showed him around in Leipzig. It was great seeing him since I won’t be able to see him during the summer this year.


 

Jayden writes:

Today Thalia’s family came over in the afternoon. We had Eierschecke and Erdbeertorte. After almost everyone left, we went to pick up some pasta from Vapiano for our last dinner together!






Martin writes:

Today was my host family’s last day in München and we went walking around the Englischer Garten where we saw some surfers and ducks. Then we left back to Leipzig where I got to take some interesting photos on the way.








Sabrina writes:

This Easter started with Alma, her little sister, and I searching for candies and gifts in the garden. Later Alma’s grandparents joined us for cake. Then Alma and I watched a movie while she helped me pack up my things. We are already planning when we will visit each other again!






Sofia writes:

Happy Easter! The end of this amazing journey is coming to an end 😞but today was such a joyous day. We woke up early and got ready for Sunday Mass and then had some delightful goose with red cabbage and some German potatoes! Then we had our own family Easter egg hunt and found presents around the yard. It was so fun searching for my presents and I even got some to bring home to my family! And to finish the day sweet, we will go get some ice cream at the park.






Luana writes:

The day before we leave, it's sad but hasn't really sunk in yet. I woke up in the same room I have for the past week, ate breakfast with the same people, nothing has changed. Yet we leave in the morning. I have been so grateful to spend my time with Suvi and her family and we are already making plans for "next time" so I can't wait to see what the future holds.

 

Today we started with breakfast and went to the Auerbach Keller for lunch at noon with Suvi's grandparents. Then we went to the Osterfest 🐣 at the RB Leipzig stadium where we took some pictures and got an official sticker book. We tried to go to the Porsche 🚗 factory, but they are closed on Sundays and on breaks, so that's one for next time.

 

Again, a thank you to Frau Legall and Herr Strecker for all that they have done for this trip; hopefully they were able to enjoy it as much as we have. [Editorial note: We did! 😊] Thank you to Suvi and her family for taking care of me while I was sick 😷 and for the care they have given me. I have had the most fun and couldn't be more grateful for this experience. 💕🧳🛍️







Hallie writes:
Today we went on a trip to the Zeitgeschichtliches Forum, which is all about the history of the GDR. Then we went to a really good Vietnamese restaurant.



Maddie writes:
Today we biked through the city and went to the Easter market in the city center and got some amazing ice cream as well! After this, we all went to a nearby park and had a little Easter egg hunt and walked along the river. We ended the night with amazing food and a cake for Jaseen’s belated birthday.






Branden writes:
Today I celebrated Easter with Emil and his grandparents where we did a scavenger hunt. We had a family lunch and later we went to watch a ballet.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#2 Willkommen in Berlin!